JSP context Path not resolving in version 2022.2.3


I have just upgraded to the latest version of Ultimate Edition 2022.2.3 build #UI-222.4345.14 and found that in my jsp files it the message says it cannot resolve the path to javascript files preceded by:


as example:

<script type="text/javascript" src="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/js/navigation.js"></script>

I have attached screenshot.  This did not occur in the previous version 2022.2.2.  But, the web app is still running okay despite the warnings and highlights.  What's wrong?


I forgot to mention I have tried Invalidate Cache and restart without success. 


Can't reproduce.

Please share a small sample project where this issue occurs and attach the logs (Help | Collect Logs and Diagnostic Data). You can upload the files at https://uploads.jetbrains.com or submit a ticket at https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/requests/new.


Dear Serge

The problem is not appearing in my test project, only in my main project.  I cannot upload this project to you but I have uploaded the logs and hope this will help.

Upload ID: 2022_11_15_VtDhnYFJiPT9KeYP8mtemo (file: idea-logs-20221115-15162714834729931042699533.zip)

I am going to try and go back to version 2022.2.2 because I have had another issue with version 2022.2.3 which is that the javascript debugger isn't working for me.  I added a new javascript file and when I try to run or debug, it doesn't even go into the file at all.  So perhaps this message about the file being unresolved is having other issues.  


Try deleting the System directory: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/directories-used-by-the-ide-to-store-settings-caches-plugins-and-logs.html#system-directory when the IDE is not running and see if it helps.

If the project is Maven based, you can also try to backup and delete .idea directory from the project root and reimport it from pom.xml: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/maven-support.html#maven_import_project_start.


Hi Serge

What I did was to delete the .idea directory and restarted.  I then had to reset the edit configurations.  The problem has now been resolved.  But surely there must be something wrong somewhere that requires me to delete the .idea directory and restart.  But at least it is now working.