As a new user to this app I hit several really odd stumbling blocks trying to get this tool up and running. Which I have never encountered on any other IDE. Thought I would post them here so you guys have some feedback
- Took me 5 mins to figure out how to connect SQL Server - I hit ctrl+alt+shift+s, and picked SQL Server, and fiddled around for ages. Then I noticed I was picking it from the drivers list, not the little green "+" at the top left.
- I had to manually enter the port for SQL Server, can't it store one by default?
- Then it took me 2-3 mins to figure out how to re-open a text editor window to write a query. I just randomly clicked the little command prompt button (not what I would associate with a text editor) - the button for it looks like a command prompt window. Found nothing that seems obvious from the dropdowns.
- Changing the font does not appear to work
- The blue outline you get around suggestions/errors in the text editor is really obnoxious and too close to the text making it hard to read
- F5 does not run the query but brings up a copy prompt - i guess a default preference but a little weird from VS/SSMS land
- ctrl+enter constantly prompts to choose a selection to run, why not just the whole script?