Ok so, ... Ive been trying for hours to set up a proper project in Intellij to create a simple jsp website. I want it to deploy to my tomcat server. The server is in my local network and I can access all files through a network share.
Things I've tried:
- Use maven and try the tomcat7 deploy plugin/cargo deploy plugin
- Deploy explode war to server webapps path
- Deploy using server manager plugins
- Deploy war file to server webapps path
- Do simmilar stuff using eclipse
So far all those things have produced some results, but none did what I want. I just want my project, called "Example" to be compiled and put into the webapps directory, so I can finally get to creating the website. I don't care how.
The thing I want is basically: Work on website in Intellij --> Press run --> Website on server is updated without me having to do anything.
Could someone please explain me from start to finish how I can achieve this? And whether I should use maven/ant etc? I will be forever grateful.