Directory '/bea' is not BEA home

I went into the config panel/application servers to setup Weblogic 9.2 which I installed and noticed that my previously existing Weblogic 8.1.6.0 is now getting an error message: Directory '/bea' is not BEA home

I can't make any changes or additions to the Applications Servers because when I hit "OK" the error pops up again. If I cancel then the existing Weblogic 8.1.6.0 works fine. But whenever I go to make changes/additions I can't because BEA home isn't recognized.

I'm using the lastest EAP build and I'm not sure when the problem started as I don't go into Application Servers settings very often.

my /bea directory looks like this:
$ ll /bea
-rwxr-xr-x 1 krsmes admin 826 Aug 21 11:57 UpdateLicense.sh
-rw-rr 1 krsmes admin 35862 Aug 21 11:57 license.bea
-rw-rr 1 krsmes admin 10467 Feb 14 2007 license_scale_limited.bea
drwxr-xr-x 4 krsmes admin 136 Aug 21 11:43 logs
drwxr-xr-x 146 krsmes admin 4964 Aug 21 11:56 modules
-rw-rr 1 krsmes admin 16124 Aug 21 11:57 registry.dat
-rw-rr 1 krsmes admin 1350 Aug 21 11:57 registry.xml
drwxr-xr-x 6 krsmes admin 204 Aug 21 11:47 user_projects
drwxr-xr-x 5 krsmes admin 170 Aug 21 11:58 utils
drwxr-xr-x 6 krsmes admin 204 Feb 15 2007 weblogic81
drwxr-xr-x 10 krsmes admin 340 Aug 21 11:43 weblogic92
drwxr-xr-x 12 krsmes admin 408 Aug 21 11:57 wlserver_10.0

I'm on Mac OSX.

any ideas?



Attachment(s):
Picture 1.png
6 comments
Comment actions Permalink

So, I guess IDEA does not support Weblogic on Mac OSX anymore then?

0
Comment actions Permalink

I got this problem also!

Is there any solution?

/Thomas

0
Comment actions Permalink

i guess i'll report it as a but when i get a chance... no response here.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello k,

IDEA expects to find the following elements and attributes in /bea/registry.xml:


... ... ]]>


Does your registry.xml correspond to this template?

i guess i'll report it as a but when i get a chance... no response
here.



0
Comment actions Permalink

here is my /bea/registry.xml

]]>


Thank you for your help.
(Yes it is still happening in build 7274)

Message was edited by: k
k

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hello k,

Will be fixed in next Selena EAP build.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<bea-product-information xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:gpr="http://www.bea.com/ns/cie/gpr">

<host home="/bea" name="krsosx.local">

<product format="1.0" name="WebLogic Platform">

<release level="8.1" ServicePackLevel="6" PatchLevel="0"
Status="installed" InstallTime="Feb 14, 2007 12:30:49 AM"
InstallDir="/bea/weblogic81">

<component name="WebLogic Server" version="8.1.6.0">

<component name="Server"/>

</component>

</release>

<release level="9.2" ServicePackLevel="2" PatchLevel="0"
Status="installed" InstallTime="Aug 21, 2007 11:43:34 AM"
InstallDir="/bea/weblogic92">

<component name="WebLogic Server" version="9.2.2.0">

<component name="Server"/>

<component name="Server Examples"/>

</component>

</release>

<release level="10.0" ServicePackLevel="0" PatchLevel="0"
Status="installed" InstallTime="Aug 21, 2007 11:57:27 AM"
InstallDir="/bea/wlserver_10.0">

<component name="WebLogic Server" version="10.0.0.0">

<component name="Server"/>

<component name="Server Examples"/>

<component name="Server Add-ons"/>

<component name="Evaluation Database"/>

</component>

</release>

</product>

</host>

</bea-product-information>



0

Please sign in to leave a comment.