Here are a few minor improvements I would like in IntelliJ.
1. increase the contrast in the colour of the active tab so it is
easier to pick out by eye in the default colour scheme.
2. Allow a way to rapidly sort the tabs into alphabetic order, or to
just keep themselves in alpha order by configuration.
When I get too many tabs up there I waste too much time looking for a
tab. Also allow to sort by most recently used, so the things you are
working on most are at the left.
3. allow a way to rapidly sort the run configurations by:
2. most recently used at the top.
4. a sort like Slick Edit. You can select a rectangle. That becomes
the keys to sort all lines on, or you can sort just the width of that
column. Optional dedup. I have to cut/paste to SlickEdit every time
I need a sort.
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
It should not be considered an error when the user starts something
already started or stops something already stopped. This applies
to browsers, services, editors... It is inexcusable to
punish the user by requiring some elaborate sequence to atone,
e.g. open the task editor, find and kill some processes.