I've updated my IDEA to version 8 on my Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33).
Start nice but when I tried to launch a simple test IDEA crash !!!!
Same operation on IDEA 7 same project same test : No problem.
I've opened my Infos.plist and add this options without success.
-Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=120m -Xbootclasspath/a:../lib/boot.jar -ea
Other issue ... your flex support losse the target ... I hate flexbuilder but it's always better than IDEA flex support !!!!!
What the matter !!!
I also work with IDEA 8 on my windows (argggg) and it work fine and it's a greate product, no probleme ... iI've love it ...