svn: no keyword substitution on some files despite svn:keywords property

I have a problem with IDEA (build 3542) not doing keyword substitution on some files. The svn:keywords property is set correctly on those files.

$ svn propget svn:keywords build.properties
Id URL

$ head -2 build.properties

  1. $Id: $

  2. $URL: $


This was after I updated the file in IDEA. By the way, IDEA was reluctant to update the file. In IDEA (not svn) I deleted the file (locally), but then I had to update the locally deleted file before updating the containing directory would get IDEA to check out that file from svn again.

The svn client does the keyword substitution properly.
$ rm build.properties
$ svn update
Restored 'build.properties'
At revision 206.
$ head -2 build.properties

  1. $Id: build.properties 204 2006-01-29 22:35:40Z jdb $

  2. $URL: svn+ssh://svn.getsu.com/proj/bendy/trunk/mobile/devel/jdb/build.properties $


The problem file is one that I just added via IDEA and committed to svn. On the other hand, IDEA has properly updated the Id keyword of an older buildwtk.properties file for which I just committed a change during that same session. It has an identical svn:keywords property. Restarting IDEA and committing a change to the problem file didn't help. They're in different modules but the same project. The only significant difference between them that I can see is age.

Since IDEA seems to be setting the svn property correctly, it doesn't look like a problem with the auto-props config, but here is the relevant line anyway:
*.properties = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Id URL

Can anyone suggest a solution or troubleshooting steps? Has anyone else seen this problem?

Cheers,
11011011

3 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Oops, I figured out my problem. The svn keywords in the files need to be like $Id$, not $Id: $. I imagine it's a common mistake for us old CVS users, because the svn client fixes it automatically (but IDEA doesn't).

0
Comment actions Permalink

David Beutel wrote on 30/01/06 17:40:

Oops, I figured out my problem. The svn keywords in the files need
to be like $Id$, not $Id: $. I imagine it's a common mistake for us
old CVS users, because the svn client fixes it automatically (but
IDEA doesn't).


That would make for a good intention/inspection! Wrong VCS tags used.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I agree. It might be tricky to implement, though, because the checked-out file normally contains the expanded keywords, e.g.,

  1. $Id: buildwtk.properties 215 2006-01-30 09:26:47Z jdb $

but svn knows internally that the file contains

  1. $Id$

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.