Hi folks, I'm new to Git and BitBucket, wanted to started using BitBucket for a personal project, both for its advantages, and to get used to the workflow and IDEA integration.
I installed the BitBucket plugin in the 12.519 EAP, and got several errors on startup, so I disabled it. There's a been a release relatively recently, but there are a number of issues in its issue tracker (https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/jetbrains-bitbucket-connector/issues?status=new&status=open) that don't appear to have been addressed at all for quite a while.
So here's what I'm interested to know:
- Are people using the BitBucket connector?
- Is it thought to be stable?
- Is anyone using with the 12.x EAPs, and if so, are you finding it stable?
- How stable has it been historically? How about with EAPs?
- Are people using it with Git repos, and does that affect stability?
Thanks, just trying to figure out the least-hassle way to get my feet wet and get some work done in that environment. I truly love IDEA, and would be happiest if I could manage BitBucket through it, like I do my local SVN. OTOH, if it's unstable, I think it'd be confusing for a newcomer, and would rather find another way, probably TortoiseHg, since I'm already using TortoiseSVN.
Thanks for any thoughts,