first I want to thank you for taking my favorite Java IDE into PHP realm! I'm already loving it and appreciate your work very much!
But then, I want to help improve WebIDE by reporting various issues I came across while testing it with a few current projects.
None of these are critical and some of them may actually be my fault by doing it wrong. All these are with WebIDE 94.149 on Ubuntu 32bit:
- I tried using the ftp sync feature with various ftp servers and I'm always getting the error message "Failed to change timestamp of the file 'foo.php'". But I know that at least on some of the ftp servers I tried the command "SITE UTIME" is available. So how does WebIDE try to set the timestamp then?
And everytime I run the script ALL files are uploaded instead of just the changed ones. I realise there are many open FTP tickets in YouTrack and I guess this is already being worked on, or it corresponds to the error of the timestamp I'm getting. But nonetheless it's currently the only major issue that I came across...
- It should be possible to also invoke the "Quick Documentation Lookup [Ctrl-Q]" in the parameter list of a function. I stumpled upon this while editing a "date()" function, the first argument is the format which takes multiple identifiers like "d" for day or "m" for month. They are visible in the documentation but it was not possible to have it open while in the parameter list, so I had to move back to the function, press Ctrl-Q, remember the identifiers and then enter them in the argument several times.
- I can't seem to be able to rename a file without refactoring. Would it be possible to have another context entry "Rename" right above "Delete" in the Project Navigator?
- Ctrl-Shift-Enter is supposed to complete a statement. This is working well in HTML, but in PHP the cursor only jumps to the next line, but I would expect it to add the ; at the end of a statement too, or to add the curly braces on if, for etc.
- I'd love to see some kind of parameter preview on php functions just like in Aptana Studio. Essentially when autocompleting a function the IDE inserts the parameter names already and they can be navigated using [tab]. I think it would fit the overall workflow in WebIDE well. In case you don't what I mean I attached a screenshot showing the feature in Aptana Studio.
- The "Data Sources" don't seem to affect code completion. It would be very nice to get code completion for table names, fields etc when a Data Source is added. Especially on mysql_query("<here>");
- When writing an html tag with some attributes like <table >, on pressing [tab] on the location indicated by [here] I would prefer the curser to move after the next " and add a space instead of adding an actual tab. This would greatly increase speed for writing multiple attributes on a tag. Also navigation between attributes using tab would be a nice feature anyway.
I'd appreciate your feedback to these points. In case someone can confirm these or I don't get any response at all I will file them into YouTrack as Bugs/Feature Requests respectively.
Thank you for all your effort!