I've begun using IntelliJ IDEA on daily basis starting with version 12 and since then it was a no brainer to me to always extend license with every year even if I didn't really need one -- it was simply the best tool I have ever used so I wanted to support it. Both version 13 and 14 were only better than the previous one with cool features that were really useful. Unfortunately all of this stopped with version 15:
- Version 15.0.3 was just released (almost 3 months after initial release) yet it's still unusable for me
- For IJ 12/13/14 I have effectively raised 1 bug, while for IJ15 I'm a regular YouTrack user with 6 bugs raised and still none of them is fixed for IJ15.
- One of the most important bugs is broken WebLogic support (IDEA-146945), which is not even planned to be fixed in IJ15 (apparently official "solution" is an attachment in some random YouTrack issue).
- While JetBrains heavily advertises keyboard only usage, most notably in presentations by Hadi Hariri (which are awesome btw), it seems JetBrains actually ignores issues which prevent using IJ with keyboard -- issue that affects IJ15 only IDEA-150197, not to mention a long standing issue IDEA-112015 where JetBrains failed to take a stand for over 2 years now.
- Every time I try to force myself into using IJ15 I always end up going back to IJ14 just to find out it feels much faster/much more responsive.
- After going back to IJ14 I cannot think of any feature that I miss from IJ15, though I find multiple bugs "fixed".
With all the above problems IJ 15.0.3 feels to me like an EAP and what JetBrains makes to improve things? You release IJ16 EAP. From the recent curse of events (new subscription model, rebranding, increased frequency of releases, poor quality) I gathered JetBrains is now mostly focused on improving their financial scores, but please do put improving quality on your agenda. I really want to continue using new versions, I really want to extend my subscription, but I'm worried about direction IJ is heading.
(Not really sure if that's the right place to post my general complaints about product quality but unfortunately I didn't find better one.)