Recently, the regular indexing of Java files as I edit them has stopped working.
I'm using IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 14.1.7
- stops underlying unknown symbols and offering fixes (like create method, etc)
- stops catching general syntax/compilation errors
- syntax coloring stops highlighting return types and method names, etc.
I can't work in the way I'm used to working in short.
Workaround: Restarting IntelliJ idea fixes it for a few minutes to and hour, then its back.
I have tried, with no special success (ie some of these work for a while then the problem returns)
- File->Invalidate Caches and restart
- manually cleaning out <home>\.IntelliJIdea14\system (I originally cleand out all of IntelliJ IDEA but then brought restored a backup of my "config" directory because I lost too many settings)
- upgrading from 14.1.6 to 14.1.7
- creating an entirely new project (for my existing source and settings)
- rebooting my machine (windows 7 64bit)
None of these works for more than an hour and I'm back to restarting IntelliJ IDEA every 10 - 30 mins
I can't pinpoint when it started, but it might be when I recently moved to working on a branch. (I svn switched at the command line, not in the project).
Since I created the project from scratch, installed a new version of IntelliJ and rebooted, the only thing that remains constant is
1. the source code I'm using (same code on the disk)
2. the IntelliJ config with all of my settings