How to revert to the old version of Visual Studio keymap
In recent years we had a lot of feedback regarding shortcuts of Microsoft Visual Studio that were missing in the Visual Studio keymap of IntelliJ-basted IDEs.
In version 2020.1 we addressed most of these issues, which resulted in quite a noticeable change. Unfortunately, this change has negatively affected users who were accustomed to the old version of the keymap.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and we will be more considerate about changes affecting user experience in the future.
On the positive side, it will take just a couple of minutes to revert to the old version of the Visual Studio keymap. Here is how:
- Download the plugin with the old version of the Visual Studio keymap: VisualStudioKeymap193.jar
- Open the IDE settings (File > Settings) and go to the ‘Plugins’ page.
- Click the cog icon and choose ‘Install Plugin from Disk..’
- Select the downloaded plugin file (VisualStudioKeymap193.jar).
- Restart your IDE to finish plugin installation.
- After restart, open the ‘Plugins’ settings page again, disable the 2020.1 version of the keymap and enable the 2019.3 version, then click ‘Apply’.