Some actions not working or working with delay. For example context menu does not appear.
How to configure Debug logs to capture these events?
1. Open Help | Diagnostic Tools | Debug Log Settings...
2. Add the following line:
3. Click OK
4. Reproduce the problem.
5. Log files can be found at:
- From inside IntelliJ IDEA:
- Help | Show Log in Explorer/Files/Navigator/Finder
- Help | Collect Logs and Diagnostic Data
- Manually (~ stands for the user home directory and XX for the number of the version):
- Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\JetBrains\IntelliJIDEAXXXX.Y\log
- Linux: ~/.cache/JetBrains/PhpStormXXXX.Y/log
- macOS: ~/Library/Logs/JetBrains/PhpStormXXXX.Y
More information about the directories used by IDEs can be found here.
The latest log file is named idea.log, older files names end with a number, i.e. idea.log.1, idea.log.2, etc. In most cases, you need only the latest one.