Location of the IDE files depends on the operating system, product and version.
Should you need to change the defaults, refer to this document.
All the files are located under this directory by default:
<SYSTEM DRIVE>\Users\<USER ACCOUNT NAME>\.<PRODUCT><VERSION>
<SYSTEM DRIVE>\Documents and Settings\<USER ACCOUNT NAME>\.<PRODUCT><VERSION>
Sample paths for different products
- IntelliJ IDEA 14 Ultimate Edition:
- IntelliJ IDEA 14 Community Edition:
Under this directory you'll find the following sub-directories
- config: configuration (idea.config.path)
- config\plugins: plugins (idea.plugins.path)
- system: caches, local history, etc (idea.system.path)
- system\log: logs and thread dumps (idea.log.path)
Linux and other Unix sytems
Product directory starting with dot can be found in your user home directory, the pattern is:
~ is an alias for the home directory, for example /home/john.
Mac OS X
PRODUCT would be one of the following:
- IntelliJIdea (IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition)
- IdeaIC (IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition)
- WebIde (PhpStorm versions before 2016.1 and WebStorm before 7.0 use this common directory)
- PhpStorm (PhpStorm starting from 2016.1 version)
- WebStorm (WebStorm starting from 7.0 version)